Sunday, October 16, 2011


Don't you just love fables? I do! Many of the fables that we have come to love were a part of the collection called Aesop's Fables.* One of the fables I remember my mom telling me when I was a little kid was the story of the 'Boy Who Cried Wolf.' This fable stuck with me even as I became an educator and have used it to help my young students understand the importance of telling the truth. This fable can actually be found in our library:

Retold by B.G. Hennessy
 
A boy tending sheep on a lonely mountainside thinks it a fine joke to cry "wolf" and watch the people come running--and then one day a wolf is really there, but no one answers his call.

If you love the original tale then you will love Alex Latimer's twist on this story:

by Alex Latimer
 A young boy named Tim is accused of lying when he tells his parents that a ninja ate the last piece of cake and a sunburned crocodile landed on the roof, so he figures out a way to prove that he is telling the truth.

- Links to Love - 

Want to learn more about Alex Latimer? Click here!

*Want to learn more about Aesop's Fables? Click here!

Happy reading! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...