Thursday, January 9, 2014

1000 Books Before Kindergarten


Early literacy is one of the greatest gifts any child can receive. For this reason, it is critical that parents expose their wee ones to as many books as possible before they reach kindergarten. 1000BooksBeforeKindergarten.org is organization that challenges parents to read 1,000 books before their little one begins school. Check your local public library to see if they are participating in this wonderful program! 

As a new parent, I'm taking on the challenge! I accept the challenge to read 1,000 books and will keep track of what we have read before she skips off to school in a few short (and I mean REALLY short) years. I am going to keep a journal of what we have read and plan to give the journal to her when she is older so that she, too, can keep track of all of the wonderful books she has read. Here we go! Happy reading! :)

Here's my Lil Librarian going BANANAS over her Pinkalicious library book!! I'm not kidding! She went nuts when I gave it to her. :)

Click here to find out more about this great challenge as well as printable reading logs for you and your little one. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...